mission

mission

Saturday, May 18, 2013

El Templo Es Un Lugar Santo, Un Lugar de Amor y Belleza

11 May 2013

Hola todos!!                                             
 
I really don't know what to write to you cute people this week because I'm just too excited for tomorrow. [Mother's Day]  I have been able to focus a bit more on our area this week and leave the office problems where they belong. Immigration is definitely a pain but that is to be expected. I really love it here in Mérida though. There is just something about it here that I really like. Also, we have some senior missionaries who are also secretaries, Elder and Sister V. and they definitely make the office a ton better. I love them so much.

How are things going in the good ol’ United States?  Things are going just dandy here in Mérida. In fact, the heat has started to come on in with some power. I don't mind too much though because for some reason I really love Mérida. Almost every day I get to walk by the temple and that always makes me feel good too. The street that runs in front of the temple is a pretty crazy one with drunks walking around and “scurry” [people] but the craziest thing happens. When you walk past the gate and enter temple grounds.... all is silent it seems like. It really is the neatest thing.  In the morning, the temple grounds are sooooo beautiful. Gorgeous, Brilliant, Magnificent. You get the picture.  I will argue with anyone any day to say that this is the prettiest temple in the world. Sure, the building itself is a cookie cutter design but there is something about the landscaping that makes it superb! But I digress....

I'm thinking that a good mission for when I'm old and frail would to be a temple worker in the Merida temple. This Thursday we ate with the missionaries from Chile and they live in little apartment buildings behind the temple. Let me tell you, the little apartments are awesome!!! They reminded me of the apartment that Grandma and Grandpa J. lived in in SLC but they basically are like a church building. It was like a palace pretty much. There is a couple missionary here from Arizona and I hear they really love it here too. Just thought I'd share that cute tidbit with you guys. 

We had the last zone conference with President Salinas this Thursday. It was a really good one. We talked a lot about the importance of working with members and I left feeling a big conviction to work harder and support the members more in place of them helping me. The zone conference really was an answer to my prayers though because President, after talking about working with members and how we were going to do it, said that if we did what he told us to do, "I testify to you as a representative of Jesus Christ that if you Elders do this you will have success. But you have to consecrate yourselves." President Salinas is sooo powerful!!! 

Well, I'll fill you in on the nitty gritty details... Oh wait, Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!! I love you guys so much and I'll talk to you soon!

Love, 

Elder Jaussi 
 
The Temple is a Holy Place, A Place of Love and Beauty...
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment