mission

mission

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

“Cause in the desert, you can't remember your name......

  ..., cause there ain’t no one to tell you your name... nah, nah, nah, nah, nah” [This would be Taylor's attempt at the lyrics of a song called "A Horse With No Name."]

Hola todos!                                                                                                      24 May 2013

Just so you all know, that lovely subject of this e-mail is dedicated to Mom. I know how much she loves that band. Not really.... But it has a point. It just works perfectly with the way the weather has been these past few days. It is HOT. Goodness. I thought Elders were just exaggerating when they talked about how hot it got but no. They were not. The other day it got up to 42 C again. I can't tell you exactly what that means in Fahrenheit because I don't have a converter on hand but I'll just save you all the trouble and tell you I've cooked some huevos (eggs) on the sidewalk here in Mèrida. (42 C is about 107 F) I really love Mèrida though and I'm really happy to be here. One day I'll be in Utah and I'll start complaining about the waist-high snow. We just have to learn to enjoy whatever life gives us I reckon.
            Today I found out that the Valladolid ward was making a visit to the temple so Elder Alvarado agreed we could go to the temple to see if I could run into anyone. I sure did! I was able to see L., my old ward mission leader (I took the birthday fotos with Mom's picture in their house), Obispo S., and I even saw Hermano T.! It was so great to see them all.  I didn’t realize how bad I missed them all.            
             I still love the office staff, especially the V.'s (a missionary couple)  They really do make the offices so much more enjoyable and Elder V. really is such a great guy. Every once in awhile he'll take me off to the side and just tell me a neat experience he had and then use that to teach me something. He has taught me a lot about priesthood blessings for some reason.  I really enjoy those two.
Well folks, I'm sad to admit I haven't been very valiant in picture taking this week.... I forgot to charge my camera all week but I made sure to charge it this morning. Expect some lovely ones from your cute son/brother/friend next week, okay? Thanks for all the lovely letters that you keep sending and thank you all so much for the support and prayers. I'm glad to hear that all is good in your neck of the woods and hope you all know the same is true here for me. Keep the faith and as Elder Holland says: Hope on. Journey on. What a guy!
 

This church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that through Him, one day I can be made perfect. I know that it is because of Him that I am able to get through every challenge, doubt or problem that I have in my life. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet. He, through the power of God, translated the Book of Mormon. That book is the word of God. I have grown to appreciate it more and more every day and have found power in reading it. (Even in Spanish!!) I know that Thomas S. Monson leads and guide this church as profet  (prophet) and that he and his counselors are called by God. Good stuff that's fo sho!

No comments:

Post a Comment