mission

mission

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hola Todos


Hola todos!   
                                                                              
This week has sure been a crazy one. First off, as usual I'll answer momma’s questions that she asked me.

As a secretary I have to worry about all the visa problems, make sure that everyone is legal and try to fix people that aren't legal. I also buy airplane tickets for elders that are leaving, reserve hotels for President when he goes to zone conferences and all that good stuff. Along with that, I send out the monthly mission letter but we'll see if I start that up again. It has been awhile since we have had one but I kind of want to do it again. We'll see though. My companion is Elder A. from Miami (GO HEAT!! We always talk about them.) He's a good guy. He is the executive secretary too but right now he is just training me. We'll see if he stays here for a full transfer to help me out or if he'll get sent somewhere else. Hopefully, he'll stay a little bit longer for me.

Unfortunately, we haven’t had much time to proselyte this week but it is understandable with all of the transfers and things like that. We've also had to take a couple missionaries that are ending to the airport and that is pretty fun even though we have to wake up pretty early. I'm trying to figure out how I can still keep the spiritual side bumping so that I can be an effective missionary but this week I have to admit that I got really focused on all of the things that I have to do here in the offices.  I'm trying to figure out how I can keep my mind focused on my area but also finish things that I need to do in the office. We still have an area but it struggles the week of transfers with all of the craziness with all the missionaries changing.

Oh! Fun fact, Elder G., mi hijo, is in the offices here too and he is secretary of materials. We work side by side every day and that´s pretty fun. It is also pretty great to be around President more.

As for the pictures at the temple, I'm about four blocks away from the temple so I'll try to stop by one of these days and take a couple pictures for the young women [for their stake camp]. Also, I don't think you'll need to worry about sending me an Ensign because being in Merida I can pretty much get whatever I need as far as church materials go. Thank you though!

The baptisms in Escárcega aren’t all going to happen today... M. has to talk to the stake president because of some things that happened in her interview but she is scheduled to be baptized still the next Saturday. J., the young kid whose mom is less active has to go to church two more consecutive times just to show that he will be able to go even though his mom isn't fully active. She goes when she can but her work doesn't really let her go that often. It's tough though because J. is so awesome!!!! They will be having one baptism this week though and that is of the girl that came up to us randomly and said she wanted to be baptized. Good stuff, right?

I have to admit that I absolutely love all the pictures of Connor and Jentz that you keep sending me. They are some pretty cute dudes if I do say so myself.  

Also, President made a big announcement the other day... He says we can Skype our families!!!! The only thing is that he doesn't want us to use it longer than 40 minutes so we'll have to be organized if we're going to use it. Along with that, Mexico internet struggles so he told us that if it starts getting choppy it will probably be best to just call. The good thing is that he wants Elder A. and I here in the offices that whole day so we can call families just in case Elders have a hard time getting in contact with their families. So, long story short we will try the Skype if I am able to set up a way to do it but most likely calling will be the best bet.... I'll let you know the whole deal next Saturday. It could get pretty confusing really but hopefully we can figure it all out by the next Saturday. Either way, we will talk this next Sunday!!!!!!! I really can't wait. I forgot that Mother’s Day came so fast.
So last thing before I sign off, last night we were in a taxi coming back home and before we got out the taxista (taxi driver) asked me, "You learned your Spanish in Spain didn't you? Or are you from there?" I had to laugh and told him that my mom went there on her mission and that might be where I had picked up a Spanish accent. So, just so you know momma, you were a pretty darn good Spanish partner for me!!! You'll have to tell Merchy I'll be so ready to go when I get home to chat it up with her! 

Well, I am cutting it close so I'll have to sign off my friends! Thanks for all the letters, and I'll even be able to receive them faster because here I am in the offices every day!

I love you guys so much and can't wait to talk to you all on mothers day!! Cuídense mucho! (Take good care of yourselves)

Con amor, Elder Jaussi
Sea feliz, sea Mormón

Some of the office crew 

 On their way to ? while riding ?


 The office is close to the Merida temple.  Angel Moroni can be seen above this building.

No comments:

Post a Comment