mission

mission

Monday, October 21, 2013

3 Nephi 13:19-20


Hola todos!
          I'm still in Mérida and Elder C. and I are still the Zone leaders in Zona Brisas. I tell you what, Elder C. is such an awesome missionary.  I really hope I can be like him. He has one month less than me but he is a machine. He teaches really well and he is really funny too. We get along pretty well too which always makes it good.
I told all the immigration ladies last week that I was leaving but that before I left for good I wanted to take a picture with everyone. They were sad but at the same time they were excited for the picture. I'm going to give them copies of the Book of Mormon too and I hope we can stay in touch after the mission to see if anything ever happens. I honestly think a couple would accept it.
3 Nephi 13:19-20  “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal;  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.”
 
 

I'll let the pictures do the talking... The worst part is, they didn't take any copies of the Book of Mormon!!! The Pearl of Great Price was left in our house too!

So, Elder C. and I stopped by the house at around 6 at night and when I opened the door we saw all our clothes thrown across the house. The first thing we thought was, "Man we sure are pigs. Did we really leave the house that nasty???" However... When we turned the lights on, we saw broken glass all over the kitchen, suitcases thrown open, and unfortunately things taken.  Elder C. had his iPod and speakers swiped, our DVD player that we have in the house was stolen and my shoes!!! Not my athletic shoes!!! It's all good though.  Elder C. and I both had the same train of thought really: Number 1- At least we are safe.  Number 2- I'm kinda ticked at that stinkin’ guy!  Number 3- This is such a sweet story to tell the fam!!!! Haha
Elder C. and I have had some good chuckles about it all but now we've got to figure out how to put the metal protectors on better so we can sleep a little better.        
            Well it has been quite the crazy week this week. There really is a lot of work in Chichen Itza and having to train in the offices as well makes it even busier.
Elder Jaussi with Hna. G, who just completed her mission.  Elder Jaussi said that she is a great missionary.
 Elders Jaussi, T., and C. riding in a "Nacho Libre" moto taxi
 Combined nametags create Elder Jaussi's full name
 A "lovely" spider outside the apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment