mission

mission

Friday, August 3, 2012

Hola Todos!


We received Taylor's e-mail today.  This is most of what he had to say:

Hola todos!                                                                                              

One more week down in the record books! Let's just say that it is the same old, same old because unfortunately that is what it is now.  Just repetition, repetition.  First, to answer your questions mother:   My district was pretty happy to have the gym open again but mostly because it means less people on the soccer field.  I must admit that I hurt my leg pretty bad playing soccer and defending like a mascot.... I'll have to give you the nitty gritty details later.  It's nothing too much to worry about just a good ol' bruise on my thigh. We went as a district to the gym this Thursday to go play ball and get my LeBron on, but my leg wouldn't really support me very well seeing as I am used to dunking a lot you know?  I just went upstairs and lifted weights for the whole time instead.  For gym I've just mostly played goalie so I don't have to run on my leg too much.  It doesn't hurt as much to walk anymore but running hurts it pretty good. Honestly though, don't you cutie patooties worry about me because it should be good in no time. Until then I'm just keeping it easy.  So to answer your first question, I am pretty neutral as far as being excited that the gym is open.
On Wednesday we decided to try out sand volleyball up above the soccer fields and that was pretty darn fun. We split our district into a five on five game and it was great.  It's a hoot playing with our district because we're not the most athletic group.  If only you could have seen me Caitlin, I was diggin’ and divin’ and spikin’ like a volleyball-lovin’-fool!!!!  I definitely pitied the fool who dared try and return my spike. 
 [ Next question] Yes, I do remember who loves me most.  Es Dios por supuesto! Porque, Dios nos amo mucho y somos Sus hijos! (It is God, of course!  Because God loves us very much and we are His children)  Just kiddin' momma, I know you love me most :)
 [Next question] It is good to see Brad, Austin, Brennan, and other familiar faces around but I have to admit I would be just fine if the only people I know were my district. They're all really cool. I'm sad to say that Elders Elmer, Hogan, and Chase all got their visas though so they're headed off to the Columbia MTC.  It's a darn shame.  I guess that just means more help from the teachers here though so that's a good thing I reckon.
This last I sang in the choir while Elder Juarez sat in the back row ("I hate singing" -Elder Juarez) and I got to sit by Brennan Cornilles and his companion. They're both WAY funny.  His companion is from Oregon too actually. It was really good to be able to catch up with Elder Cornilles and we're planning on sitting next to each other each practice and performance.  We sang the song "Faith of our Fathers" and let me tell you, the tenor part was higher than Mount Everest. Who nailed it though?  Oh yeah, Elder Cornilles and I.  I don't know how comfortable I feel admitting that, but there you have it folks.
Dad! I went to the temple today to do initiatories and Vaughn Johnson was there working. Does that name sound familiar?  He pronounced my name perfectly which is always weird, and then he asked me where I was from.  I told him I was from Riverton and he said, "Oh, I went to high school with a Jaussi." I asked him which one it was and he said, "His name was Kurt."  I was like a giddy school girl and told him that was my Daddio!!!! Then he kinda did the Princess Diaries "Shut up!" and I said "Le digo" (I’m telling you) and he said "No me diga"(you don’t say) and on and on. It was really funny though and pretty neat.  He then went on to tell me that the aforementioned Kurt Jaussi played quarterback and he also played on the team.  (I acted like I was surprised when I found out you were quarterback. "You don't say!  My father, the quarterback??")  Anyways, it was really cool and he said to tell you hi and that you are a really good guy, something I knew as well :) Best of all, he said I "resemble you a lot" so I guess Mom was right when she said Dad was quite the hottie back in the day and still is. Jajajajaja I kill me!
Elder Juarez and I have committed one of our "investigadores" (see if you can translate that tough one!) to baptism! It's kind of hard to take the teaching seriously because the "investigators" are our teachers too but lately I have been able to treat them like the real deal. 
Hermano Barnard is our second teacher and he is the greatest.  We always say "Choquelo" to each other (pound it) and now he says he's pounding the rock with everyone because of me.  Oh silly Barnard.  About once every week we have a "Coach missionary study" with our teachers and the one we had yesterday went really well.  Hermano Barnard challenged us, and mostly Elder Juarez to have him do all the talking until the opening prayer.  I usually have to do all the small talk but it will be nice for Elder Juarez to practice. 
            Sorry I don't put much detail into the e-mails but 30 minutes isn't really much to work with especially trying to get my thoughts all organized.  I love you guys so much!  Keep sending DearElders, letters, and any other thing because I love them so very much. The pictures of Jentz you sent Mom.... ABSOLUTELY TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!  I love that little guy so much. Keep those pics coming too if it tickles your fancy.  It sure tickles mine!
Vayan con Dios mi familia y sepan que esta iglesia es verdadero! Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y por medio Su Expiacion podemos volver a vivir con Dios en los cielos! Nos Vemos! Les Quiero mucho!!!!! (Go with God my family and know that this Church is true.  Jesus Christ is our Savior and through His atonement we can return to live with God in the heavens.  We’ll see each other—i.e. be seeing you.  I love you all very much.)


Since we don't have a lot of new photos of Elder Jaussi, we'll include this one which was taken the day before Taylor entered the MTC.  He's holding his favorite little buddy, Jentz.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment