mission

mission

Monday, December 31, 2012

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Buenas!                                                                       
          This week has been pretty crazy to say the least.  First things first though, it was so darn good to talk to you all.  I am glad to hear that all is well and all in all I was just glad to hear your voices. I was sure to tell Hna. Carla thank you so much but she said it was not a problem at all. She was happy she could help Elder Garcia and I out. I just love ya guys so much!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you all have your two front teeth. (That, and I hope the Lakers lost!)
First things first, I'll answer the questions [from mom].  Cancun was pretty good and my part of the conference went pretty well. I only had two or three problems with my spanish and I only swore once... It was an accident though!!  It was good though and it was a good review of the things we learned from President. I think my teaching is improving but I still need to work on being patient and being comfortable with silence in the lessons. A lot of the time, I just want to keep talking but I need to wait and let the Spirit do some talking to me and most importantly the investigator. We weren't able to take a bus Thursday night though so the Zone leaders said we needed to take the one at 5 o'clock Friday morning. Can I just say it is absolutely awful waking up at 3 to go take a 2 hour bus ride? The night before we left it rained like crazy too so all our stuff got soaked.  Luckily, I haven’t had too much of a sleep hangover or whatever you want to call it, these last few days.  
As far as my New Years plans, we don't really have any. We're going to have district meeting as usual tonight but tonight the Elders from Tizimin will be coming to join us. Everyone is staying at my house tonight but we still have to go to bed at the same time. Everyone says that we'll wake up at midnight though because things get pretty crazy here. There are "muñecas" or mannequins outside of a lot of the houses and from what I hear, at 12 they're going to burn them. It's basically pants and a shirt stuffed with newspaper and the burning of the guy is supposed to symbolize the passing of the old year.... Something like that. It should be pretty good tonight to get together with all the missionaries though. It's always nice to have a couple more guys to talk with.
Tonight we have to be in our house right after District meeting, and then tomorrow we won't leave until about 4.  Things get a little tipsy here if you know what I mean. We have quite the wine bibbers that live next door to us.
The new youth program sounds so awesome! I really want to be a teacher of one of the classes when I get back. I was talking to our bishop a little bit about it and it seems like it will make the teachers work a little bit harder but most of all, help the youth. It should be pretty divine!
Things are still going really slow here as far as investigators that are actually fulfilling their commitments. I'm just trying to keep the faith and work hard though.  Hopefully we'll have a breakthrough soon.  I'm thinking we'll start cooking once all the holiday season dies down. We'll just keep working!
This is the last week of transfers so hopefully we'll be able to stay together one more transfer so I can finish training Elder G. All I can say is I've tried my hardest and done all I know to do so at the end of the day I can be happy I reckon.
Sorry this one isn't very long, but just know that I love you guys so much! Keep the wonderful letters/emails/prayers coming, they sure are so great!
 Much love from your man in the Yucatan, (yes, I made that up myself!)
Tay
 
Standing on the corner in.......Valladolid, Mexico
 Must be Christmas morning
Elders A, Jaussi and S. at conference in Cancun
   "La Zona" (the Zone) doing the "perdon" sign.  He's not sure why but it is popular for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment