mission

mission

Monday, January 7, 2013

Six-Month Mark


Hola todos!

It has been a pretty good week here in the Yucatan.  We definitely didn't have the types of numbers I would have liked to have but we worked our booties off.  Like they say though, numbers don't really mean everything.
This Saturday I hit my six month mark though!! You best be believin’ I burned a tie. (Don't worry, it was a DI one.) I would send you pictures but it looks like this Computer doesn't have a USB hook up.  I'll be sure to send them next week though, don't you fret! When I heard before the mission about missionaries burning ties at six months, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.  It was just kinda strange to me really. It seems really weird that 6 months have already passed by but then at the same time it feels like I have been away from you guys for at least a year. Time. It's weird, huh?
            Yesterday at church we only had one investigator show up but it was A.'s husband!! He seems really excited and I'm thinking he should be able to get baptized on the 19th. The only problem is that he hasn't really been at his house when we have appointments set up with him.  In other words, he wants to get baptized and he seems like he has a testimony that this is all true but he just doesn't know all of the things he has to know for his baptismal interview.  He's a great guy though; we ran into him this week when we were passing by his house and he gave me three tazos  (like Pokeman collectible pieces)! He and his wife know I love tazos so they always give me their tazos when they get them in chip bags. (I might have to explain tazos next week, huh?)
           Also, we had 16 less actives at church yesterday! I don't know if I told you this, but every area in the mission has a list of less actives that we are trying to visit to reactivate them. This week we went with a couple of less actives that we have been going with every now and again and a TON of them showed up! It sure was great to see all of them. Actually, we are reporting the number of less actives that attend church now. I don't know to what point we keep counting them but I think it is until the Bishop feels like they are fully activated and don't need to have visits from the Elders that much.
            Well, my time is running short but I hope you all know I love you so very much!!! Thanks for all your prayers, letters and support; I really do appreciate it.  Have a great week and I will "talk" to you all soon!

Oh, and GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!

 Con amor,

Elder Jaussi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment