mission

mission

Monday, February 18, 2013

Chispas! Ya Me Voy de Valladolid

Elder Jaussi has been transferred from Valladolid and is now assigned to work in Escarcega in the state of Campeche.  His new companion is Elder R., from Idaho.  He is actually from Taylor's "generation" and they were in the MTC at the same time, though they didn't meet until they were on their way to the airport going to Mexico.  They wrote from Campeche, enroute to their new area.

Taylor said, "My new area is a little pueblo named Escarcega. Right now we're waiting for a bus which leaves in about 3 hours so we decided to write the fam. We're closer to missionaries in the other mission, Tabasco, than we are to the other missionaries in our district. Something else to shock you, I'm district leader now.  From what I understand we have two wards there and we spend about 5 hours at the church every Sunday. Our area is HUGE and we walk and walk and walk and walk like pioneer children. It might be tough to keep up with Elder R. because he is 6 foot 5! Whoo doggy!"

Elder Jaussi said that it was hard to leave Valladolid.  He was able to leave a note for his companion, Elder G.  They thought they would have another transfer together.  Taylor said that Elder G. was  really a good companion and always "rarin' to go."  The ward mission leader and his wife came by to say good-by and to write in his book. He is going to miss the members and recent converts very much.  He said that the things that they all wrote in his book meant a lot to him.

Taylor went on to say, "Speaking of notes and such, I haven't received any mail for about a month... I'm thinking it just means I'll have an explosion here soon or at least that's what I'm hoping for. Haha I know for sure that I'll be getting Mother's weekly letter so I at least have that to look forward to. :) "

"Elder V. (his first companion) called me this morning and guess what?? He's in my zone so I'll be able to see him one more time before he goes home! It was really good to talk to him and I went kinda crazy because I was so excited. At first I didn't believe it was him but then he used our wonderful phrase 'Somos amigos!' And I knew it was him. Good stuff!"

"I am really sad to leave Valladolid because of the members and converts but at the same time excited for a new task at hand. I love you guys all so very much and I hope all is just dandy back in the USA.... I'll be sure to take in the ocean for you all, the view at least, when I drive right by it in the next few hours! How crazeee is that? So anyways... (Nacho Accent) Take care and everybody love everybody!

Con amor,

Elder Taylor Christian Jaussi

Sea feliz, sea Mormón
 
This map shows the location of Escarcega in the state of Campeche.
 

These are some internet photos of the area.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment