mission

mission

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

N's Baptism

And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again.  --Alma 5:49
 
Hola todos!

 N. got baptized today just so you all know! It really was such an awesome experience. We made the baptismal service and right before the baptism we planned to play "Baptism" out of the children's songbook and the spirit came so strong when I was playing. I was tearing up a little bit and I still am a little bit just thinking about it. I was so stressed out because no one showed up on time and I was trying to set everything up to make it be perfect but I just had to tell myself, "This is N.'s day and the Lord is going to make it be a great day no matter what."  It really was so great though. After the baptism, N. gave us hugs and I just felt like we had won church ball or something like that. I really do love N. so much. I am so happy for him and hope that he stays strong so that he can finish out his life well. He had the greatest smile after his baptism, even though his pictures don't show it that well... haha. It was a superb day though. 

We are going to try and have the members keep visiting him so that he never loses track of what he has to do. He really is a great example of someone willing to change their habits and really understands what Heavenly Father expects of him.  To close the service, he was asked to give the prayer and it was so heartfelt. He started out saying, "Heavenly Father, good afternoon..." and then rattled off such a great prayer.  What a guy this N.! I wish you guys could meet him!!!

Other than that, nothing that can amount to that excitement happened.  However... I did get a package from you guys!! Don't get me wrong, it was exciting though! Thank you so much for always thinking of me and sending me those things. 

You'll have to forgive me because I don't have much more to say after all the excitement of N.'s baptism, but I'll close with this: I have been thinking a lot lately about what I have considered to be a "lack of success" as far as a Mexico mission and something that Dad talked to me about when I was younger. Well, hearing about other missionary's awesome experiences, testimony builders, and baptisms often makes me feeling like a less than .300 batter if you know what I mean. However, yesterday we were sitting in a lesson when yet another person told me that she didn't want to keep listening to us because her [own church's] roots were too strong. We tried talking to her more, looking for a need but nothing really came. I just ended up feeling prompted to talk about the Restoration, the authority and all that and I finished simply feeling really calm. And happy! There I was, getting rejected and I felt "I really am doing what I am here to do. Maybe I don't have much "success" but I am confident that in some way, the Lord is going to make me feel like I have had success!" She ended up thanking us for our time and we left sad but at the same time I was content. I felt the Spirit and I know she felt it as well. Maybe someday she will be able to accept it. 

Bueno, just hope you all know that every conscious and full hearted effort is never lost if we are in the Lord's work. I hope you all can try to find something to do to help Him in all He wants us to do for His children. 

Con amor, 

Elder Jaussi
N. with his great granddaughter
 Elder Jaussi and N. at his baptismal service
 Elder R., N., Elder H. and Elder Jaussi 
Elder Jaussi had told Pte. and Sister Garcia that he would like to have a photo taken with them.  On this day, Pte. Garcia told him to be sure to bring his suit coat with him so they could take a few pictures together.  It is obvious that this Elder loves his mission president and his wife.  They are wonderful people and are so good to these missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment