mission

mission

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Buuuuuuuuueeeenos Dias Mis Amigos!"

          ¿Cómo estamos? This week has been... very trying but you'll be glad to know that I'm still here to tell the tale. I have never had so many appointments fall through, so many investigators lie... ouch, and just a rough week all in all. We´re still fightin’ though.
Last week, when C. came into the church the first thing that she said to me was, "¿Cuándo me bautizo?" when can I be baptized? She is apparently tired of waiting for her husband and she wants to get baptized once and for all. This Saturday is her planned date so keep her in your prayers as well as her kids.  She's a good lady. 
Also, a funny story for you.... Almost every night, a group of hooligans always gathers together near our house to play street soccer or just sit around and cause trouble. They always say things to us in English, or things about the church so I finally decided I would fight fire with spiritual fire! Ha, ha, not really but this is what I did.  Entering into our street we have to walk down a little hill and this time I just came running down while saying "ya vino Ronaldinho!!!" Ronaldinho is here! I told them to pass me the ball, all that jazz and then we just started talking to them. They are really nice kids and now every night we come down the hill the little kids say to each other "Allí está Ronaldinho!!" there’s Ronaldinho! Ha, ha, good stuff. We're planning to go play soccer with them one of these Mondays when they have spring break.  I'll keep you posted!
One of the members, G. R., is so great! I really get along with him. He always helps us out in visits and his little kid, A., is uber cute! This week in church as he and his wife came in he came up to "saludarme" greet me and as he hugged me he said, "usted me cae muy bien Elder I like you a lot, Elder. Usted es muy bueno." You are really good. I don't know what it is about him but he has the biggest heart. He always is helping other people and he really does a good job in his calling as young men advisor. Anyway, he and his wife are our first support system, I guess you could say, when it comes to working with the members. 
The other day I was reading the April Ensign that talked a bit about President Monson and I had the warmest feeling come over me.  I just know he is a man called of God. What a guy.  I hope to be more like him. 
Well folks, pray that next week is full of good news! Thanks for all that you do and your support.



No comments:

Post a Comment